Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double exposed portraits

Portrait Photography is a picture like a profile, but you can only see half of the face, and its not of the whole body, its from the mid shoulder up. Usually in other types of photography, the photographer take a picture of the whole body. Portrait photography is closely related to profile view and silhouetting because they are all of either a face or a whole person. Silhouetting means the image of somebody or something shown as a solid shape of one color( mostly dark colors), the edges matching the outline of the image. So, now hearing all the definitions,do you now notice that they are all alike?

So, double exposures are made in Photoshop. They are made like this:
  • First,you take your photos. Those photos should be One Profile photo, and either 1 or 2 symbolism pictures like what you do or your hobbies.
  • When you have those pictures, you go into Photoshop, and press file, scripts, and load file into stack.
  • In Photoshop, you open those Photos. Then You can either Crop first or Dodge.
  • The dodge tool looks like A teardrop. The dodge tool makes a space lighter,or sometimes more white.
  • For the cropping, You want your nose to have the same amount of space with the back of your head. So when you crop, The best is to make It 8.5 inches by 11 inches and 300 resolution.
  • Then, when you dodge all the negative space, you want to turn all the layers into screen blend mode. You do that by double clicking each layer, press blend mode, and then screen.
  • Then to make the color of the image different, you go to Layer at the top, new adjustment layer. Then you can explore with different layer effects like Gradient map, screen, and a variety of others.
 So below, it shows my two finished images. On my First image you can only see like the pink flower. I tried to make it so that you can see both flowers, but you can only see the pink flower. On my other example, it shows a plant,and you can kind've see my guitar. My guitar stands for how I love music. The plants show how much I love the outside and being outside. So my layer affects that I used were curves and brightness and contrast.




    

14 comments:

  1. Both images are visible
    The guitar could be made a little bit brighter so it can be seen more.
    The colors are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors
    I cant tell wat your other symbol is.
    Make your message more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice images
    cant really see the guitar
    nice job

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can see the leaves very clearly
    I can't really tell what your other symbol is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your final!
    I cant see the guitar strings.
    Great practice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color scheme. I really have the search for the guitar, I wouldnt know it was there at first glance. Great dodging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors of the plants
    I can't see the second symbol
    It shows the head room

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cut out quality is really good.
    I can only see green, i can't see anything else.
    Make the other things more visible, i can only see the plant

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the two symbols you chose.
    Its kind of hard to see the guitar.
    I like the overall image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors!
    I can't see the guitar strings.
    I like your practice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite part of your work is the colors and how its abstract.
    Your message sorta works because you can only see the plants.
    Something that could of been improved is to make the other image more visible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Compliment: Great images
    Improvement: I really can't see the guitar
    Compliment: Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like green, i cant see the other images very well, nice plant

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like green, i cant see the other images very well, nice plant

    ReplyDelete